Sunday, January 08, 2006

One Down . . . Sort of . . .


Here's the other end of my first one. Just for fun I ended with a bit of red yarn on the ankle end.

But...I frogged it! Once I tried it on, I decided it was too short and too snug around my calf. Also I didn't like the stitch pattern. I mean, I liked it, but not for a legwarmer. So I've started again, casting on four additional stitches. This time I'll have a couple rows of red at both ends, and after the ribbing I'm going to do plain stockinette.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Chalk it up to a learning experience! I'm definitely never afraid of frogging, and I applaud it from others as well. Can't wait to see the new incarnation!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Sophie_vf said...

I too am a fearless frogger. The beauty of legwarmers is that it's not too heavy a time investment, and you get an idea very quickly whether or not you like it!

But...what was the stitch pattern you didn't like?

11:15 PM  
Blogger Sophie_vf said...

duh, never mind! I just re-read your previous post. I think it looks nice, btw, but if you're not happy with it, it's still worth frogging.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I don't ever mind frogging. I'd rather have a garment or accessory I really like and will wear, than one that's not quite right and ends up sitting in a drawer. I'm something of a perfectionist, too.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home