Sunday, December 18, 2005

Starting Over

My initial idea for legwarmers was to make a striped pair using up various leftover skeins of yarn in my stash. So I gave it a shot on Friday. After about six inches I was unhappy with the result and frogged it. The colors didn't work together, and although the yarns were all worsted weight, they didn't "flow" together well.

I decided what I really wanted was a solid color pair, in a dark color that won't show splashes of winter muck easily. So I stopped in at my LYS (Webs) on Saturday and got a lovely skein of Cascade 220 in a heathered chocolate brown.

I won't have time to start them until after Christmas--I'm in the home stretch on two projects that must be done and blocked by then. So I have time to think about the design. Plain stockinette--or something more interesting?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I'll definitely be doing a ribbed cuff. I don't think they'd stay up too well without one. There are patterns in Weekend Knitting and The Knit Stitch that just have rolled edges, which makes no sense to me at all!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Sophie_vf said...

Bonnie, like you I won't be starting till after Christmas but am also plotting and scheming. I saw a nice farrow rib scarf on Flickr that made me think that might be a nice stitch pattern to use.

I was just looking through the Kint Stitch, Bonnie (just got it from the library). I think you'd only want to have rolled edges if you really want them slouchy and have everyone see them...but I think I want mine to be secret (and ribbed!)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home