Thursday, January 05, 2006

Finished mine!

Actually, I finished them New Year's Eve day and just haven't gotten around to taking a picture. I wore them to a NYE party, Minty-style under my jeans, and do on a regular basis. I kinda love them.

I used the "Super-Easy Legwarmers" pattern from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, done in Cascade 220 in 9460 and KidSilk Haze in "Drab". I did both at once, magic-loop style, and was going to keep going until I ran out of the Cascade, but I got impatient (and tired of the 1x1 rib), so I decided to make them shorter, perfect for under the jeans without getting too bulky. I could probably have done them both with less than one skein of the 220.

I will probably make another, longer pair at some point, once I decide what pattern to make. That, and once I get a few other WIP's finished up. I remember a pair of knitted tights from when I was a kid that had cables and such - I can see them re-interpreted as legwarmers, perhaps.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

They look so fabulous! And I love your socks.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Sophie_vf said...

yeah! I think the socks make a great contrast :)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Thanks! I've got sort of a collection of obnoxious knee socks. They do work well with the legwarmers, don't they? =)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Very nice!

Would you say one skein of Cascade 220 is not enough for two legwarmers? I bought only one skein, based on the legwarmer pattern in The Knit Stitch. Now I'm worried I may need more.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Bonnie - I have more than half of each skein left, so depending on how long you want to make them, you should be fine.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Noey D. said...

Very cute! I'm going to use the same pattern and same yarn....only in blue.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home