Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Any suggestions?

I absolutely hate knitting in the round, so I will have a seam on my legwarmers. But, that's not my problem. I don't even know why I typed that. haha. Anyway. In my stash, I have a lot of bulky-weight yarn. Mostly leftovers. So, what I'm asking is what size needles should I use for bulky yarn. I have 1 whole ball of lion brand Homespun, 1/2 ball of it in another color, and another 1/2 of it in a different color! I really want to use some of those. The smallest needles I have are 7 and the biggest are 35. I was thinking of using either 13, 15, or 17. Which do yall think would work the best?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

I wanted mine to be dense, so no air could get through, so I'd use the smallest needles I had. (I actually used size 3s with Manos.) But that's me!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I'd go with 7 or 8 if you want a dense fabric, especially if you're a loose knitter. If you're a tight knitter, maybe a 9.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I hate seaming myself, but I digress. I wouldn't go larger than a 10 unless you want really loosely knit legwarmers (which kind of defeats the purpose, I think.) Have fun- I'm using up stash yarn for mine too.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home