Thursday, December 29, 2005

just a short stack

I made myself another pair of ankle-warmers this holiday weekend while visiting my parents. I probably finished them in just a few hours total. The yarn is Manos (again), this time nicked from my mom, who recently knit herself a cardigan out of this Manos and had tons of leftovers.

legwarmers #2
Knit in brioche stitch (yes, again). This time I cast on only 32 stitches, as opposed to 40, because the first pair are getting loose. But I also didn't feel like doing any shaping, and 32 stitches aren't going to make their way up my calves. So I made them just long enough to fit, and called it a day. I still have loads more of the red Manos to make several more pairs!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sophie_vf said...

Cool. I'm going to have to figure out this brioche stitch - I just got Weekend Knitting which seems to have a good explanation of how-to-do-it. It seems to have a nice effect with variagated yarn.

Short is good!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

They look great! You could probably cast on 40 stitches and have them fit your calves yet still pull in at the ankles and top by starting with a needle two sizes smaller for your ribbing, then switching to a larger needle after the ribbing. That's what I'm going to try for mine.

Beautiful yarn!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ooh, Bonnie's idea is great! And I like those anklewarmers -- perfect for under jeans.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home