Thursday, December 29, 2005

Finally cast on!

I finally got the chance to cast on. I really just want to use up some leftover skeins of Noro Kureyon - and also find out how it will feel against the skin, since I'm thinking of making Lady Eleanor with Kureyon. I know the colours scream "leftover Noro!" but hey, they will be under my jeans, a la Mintyfresh.

Legwarmers

Size 8 needles (one Boye and one Addi), 48 stitches. I started with 2 X 2 rib, then tried out some shadow box stitch. I didn't like it enough for the whole leg, but liked it well enough for a decorative start to the cuff. I think I'll go stockinette all the way down with some decreases, then finish off with rib. Unless I think of something else on the way down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Nice! You'll be done in no time flat, knitting both at the same time like that.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey- nothing wrong with leftover Noro! I like them.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Those look lovely!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home